Mission and Values
We strive to inspire curiosity, imagination, resilience, and a lifelong love of learning and prepare students for shaping our common future. Learn more about GISBs mission and values below.
German International School Boston is a bilingual independent school serving students from preschool to grade 12. We offer a bilingual education with an internationally acclaimed German curriculum. As a global community, we strive to instill a love of learning and a sense of responsibility to prepare students for shaping our common future.
GISB’s Principles and Values
- To educate global citizens to flourish everywhere in the world
- To challenge students to explore new frontiers
- To nurture curiosity, tolerance, and global interconnectedness
- To enable native fluency in English and German for all our students
- To instill cultural awareness, social confidence, and cognitive flexibility through multilingualism
- To broaden students’ horizons by learning other world languages
- To inspire curiosity, imagination, resilience, and a lifelong love of learning
- To ignite each student’s intellectual and creative potential
- To embolden students to explore the world through interdisciplinary studies
- To prepare our students to thrive at U.S., German, or international universities
- To cultivate a student community that learns together, grows together, and thrives together
- To engage parents, teachers, and students to celebrate successes and share the burden of challenges
- To foster the open exchange of ideas, mutual support, and accountability
- To embrace diversity of individuals, perspectives, and backgrounds
- To encourage a sense of service to the community and responsibility toward the environment
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (DEIB)
DEIB is a critical component of GISB’s mission to inspire curiosity, imagination, resilience, and a lifelong love of learning. GISB respects and values members of all races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, learning profiles, languages, and cultural backgrounds. Diversity on our campus enriches the learning experience and provides opportunities for critical thinking, discussion, and reflection. Learn more.