Covid-19 | Response
Welcome to German International School Boston’s Covid-19 response page, providing information about GISB’s Covid-related policies and procedures below.
Below you will find a summary of our Covid-related regulations and guidelines for the 2021-2022 school year. What runs through every decision is our absolute priority to keep the community safe and the school open while offering our students the best possible education.
- We offer full-time in-person teaching for all age groups – five days a week. Remote learning is an exception under very specific medical circumstances.
- The after-school program is offered for preschool to grade 6 daily until 6:00 pm. In addition, we are offering a limited number of extracurricular activities for older students.
- As of March 2022, mask-wearing is optional in our school buildings and on school grounds. The school still requires students or staff to wear a medical or N95 mask when they show any symptoms, even if they test negative for Covid. Visitors are required to wear a mask when entering a school building.
- GISB participates in a free testing program offered by the State of Massachusetts. All students and staff are tested weekly. Learn more.
- We continue to be working in cohorts. However, we are creating bigger cohorts throughout the school to allow for more interaction and more cross-class projects, including the possibility of extended after-school programs.
- Learning spaces are set up to ensure at least three feet of physical distance between students.
- Day and overnight trips and excursions are possible again – under strict safety standards.
- We ask all GISB community members – students, staff & families – to sign a commitment to our COVID-19 health and safety guidelines.
- GISB follows CDC guidelines for quarantine and isolation.
- GISB does not require its community to quarantine or test after traveling. However, we strongly encourage everyone to consult CDC travel guidelines and make a responsible decision.
Please take the time and read carefully our extended guidelines below and talk them through with your children. All health & safety guidelines are subject to change and will be adjusted as needed.
- Safety Standards & Procedures
- Lower Campus COVID-19 Response
- Elementary School COVID-19 Response
- Middle & High School COVID-19 Response
- Sport Lessons Guidelines
Vaccinations & Boosters
We encourage everyone who is eligible to please get vaccinated and receive a booster. For the continued safety of our community, it is important to have everyone vaccinated who can safely do so. Please see the Massachusetts Covid-19 vaccination website for more information.
We hope that this information page helps to answer many of your questions, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with further questions or concerns.