COVID-19 | Response
Welcome to German International School Boston’s Covid-19 response page, providing information about GISB’s Covid-related policies and procedures below.
Below you will find a summary of our COVID-related regulations and guidelines for the 2021-2022 school year. What runs through every decision is our absolute priority to keep the community safe and the school open while offering our students the best possible education.
- We will have full-time in-person teaching for all age groups – five days a week. Remote learning will be an exception under very specific medical circumstances.
- The after-school program is offered for preschool to grade 6 daily until 6:00 pm. In addition, we are planning to offer a limited number of extracurricular activities for older students.
- Mask-wearing is mandatory in our school building and in most situations outside. While some of our students are vaccinated, the majority are not, and masks have been proven to be one of the most effective protection elements.
- GISB will participate in a free, state-funded testing program. More details to come.
- We continue to be working in cohorts. However, we are creating bigger cohorts throughout the school to allow for more interaction and more cross-class projects, including the possibility of extended after-school programs.
- Learning spaces are set up to ensure at least three feet of physical distance between students.
- We are opening up our science rooms and art room at the upper campus. The music room is partly used for music lessons.
- Day trips and excursions will be possible again – under strict safety standards. Overnight trips will not be possible for the moment being.
- We ask all GISB community members – students, staff & families – to sign a commitment to our COVID-19 health and safety guidelines.
- GISB does not require its community to quarantine or test after traveling. However, we strongly encourage everyone to consult CDC travel guidelines and make a responsible decision.
Please take the time and read carefully our extended guidelines below and talk them through with your children. All health & safety guidelines are subject to change and will be adjusted as needed.
- Safety Standards & Procedures
- Lower Campus COVID-19 Response
- Elementary School COVID-19 Response
- Middle & High School COVID-19 Response
- Sport Lessons Guidelines
We encourage everyone who is eligible to please get vaccinated. For the continued safety of our community, it is important to have everyone vaccinated who can safely do so. Please see the Massachusetts Covid-19 vaccination website for more information.
We hope that this information page helps to answer many of your questions, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with further questions or concerns.
COVID Screening at GISB
GISB has been approved for the COVID-19 testing program offered by the State of Massachusetts and provided by CIC Health. The program is free of charge and will allow us to test all students and staff on both campuses weekly.