Every four years German Schools abroad undergo a government inspection, called the Bund-Länder-Inspection (BLI), carried out by the Federation and the Länder to ensure quality development and maintenance. This past May 14-18, 2012 it was out turn! Specially trained BLI Inspectors arrived to systematically review the school based on the following criteria: school documents, interviews with the school community (including faculty, staff, parents and students), building evaluation and classroom visits.
The grading areas include:
* Students take responsibility for shaping learning
* Systematic social learning
Areas of Strength in Teaching:
* Very good pedagogical climate
* High amount of student activity and participation
* Predominantly oriented towards acquiring competencies
We received the highest grades (3 & 4) in every section and a grade 4 for exemplary performance in the following:
Degree of School Happiness, School Presentation, Student & Parent Participation, Student Support & Head of School Leadership.